#152 – Hippie Lomac

Tail: Peacock sword
Body: Black wool
Ribbing: Gold embossed tinsel
Belly: Peach bucktail
Throat: Black schlappen
Wing: 2 Funky Feathers Indian Crow hackle flanked by grizzly hackle
Shoulder: Black hen and peacock body
Eyes: Jungle cock
Head: Black

Notes: This fly was created to honor Darren’s wife, a bit of a hippie in her younger days. The wing features the Feathers MC Funky Feathers hackle dyed in Indian crow, flanked by grizzly to tone her it down a touch. Originally the streamer was tied with no hen hackle behind the peacock, but was later added to enhance the brilliant colors of the feather. Happy Birthday Lori!

Darren MacEachern – Darren has been fishing from the age of 4, all across Canada. He started on the east coast in Prince Edward Island before moving west to the banks of the Bow River in Calgary Alberta. He now resides just outside of Toronto, fishing the Great Lakes and the fine tributary waters around.
Daily Fly Tyer | Streamers 365 | Fly Fusion
[visit Darren’s streamer page]

7 Comments

1. Jim Bennett says:

A real cracker again from Darren…

2. Quentin Karmark says:

That’s a very pretty lure…. I bet my Dad would have used one like that in his day. 🙂

3. pacres says:

Thanks for all the great comments on the streamer! She loved it, and I’ve got a get me out of jail free card now.

4. Mike Boyer says:

Beautiful tie, Darren. To this day, I’m attached to the Hippie ideals, and music especially.

5. Great streamer.
    I love the shoulder, it works so well with the rest of the fly.

6. Joel Stansbury says:

Darren, great tribute to your lovely wife. I am sure she will love it. Nothing wrong with a hippie, mt wife was one in her tounger days alos. She even lived in ‘Lodi’ for a while! That’s Credence Clearwater Revival’s Lodi, California.Doesn’t get any better music wise! Course we don’t tell our 3 daughter’s about those days! Jus one toke over the line! Godd ole 1960’s
    Cheers, Joel

7. Kelly L says:

Darren, this is one of your absolute best originals I have seen, maybe the best. I loved it. Outstanding!!